Working 40 hours straight through can be pretty draining and stressful. Earlier this week I had a breakdown for no reason. I looked at the computer and just started crying. I was stressed from planning my future, having no luck trying to be a badass, and also realizing I will work so much this week. How will I ever survive the real real world?!?
About 2 hours after my breakdown, I slapped myself straight and realized how ridiculous I was being:
1) I have several months to plan my future and I'm not even that worried about it,
2) My parents love me (aka Hickory Park) enough to drive 3 hours to personally deliver me some tires that I failed to get because I was a young lady
3) Work isn't so bad and I've realized it's great having a job that allows you to watch Dr. Oz & Jerry Springer; in the morning I'll get my usual "A Baby Story" fix and feel dirty afterwards
It's important to remember in tough/stressful times that being upset or stressed isn't going to make "the situation" (damn, jersey shore) any better. Instead, find something you enjoy (for me, it's music) and keep your head up because in the end, everything will be alright.
Song of the Day: "Everything'll Be Alright" by Joshua Radin
No comments:
Post a Comment