Amenities include:
- TV
- Phone
- Lamp
- Desk
- Free coffee until 10am
- Internet (my life saver for the week)
- Room service maid from Centerville, IA
- Alarm clock
- Microwave
- Fridge
- Baby shampoo, conditioner, and lotion bottles (ugh)
- Other items fancy people might want, but I'll survive without.
I purposely set my alarm to wake up when room service knocks on the door. I'm sitting alone in the room and can hear the maid in every room surrounding mine. "Why isn't she knocking on my door?" I think to myself. So, finally I get the nerve to feel "bitchy" and hang the, "maid please ASAP" sign on my door and sit back down in the chair. I hear a knock, answer, and it's the maid! I sit in the chair as I watch her clean the room. I try to make small talk and soon find out she's from Centerville. I tell her how I used to go to Centerville for Pancake Day and her eyes lit up! She was so excited and told me she already requested her day off because her kids love it. I refrained from telling her that my main reason for going was to laugh at the people (she was probably one of them at some point). So, we keep chatting and I'm probably looking like a stuck-up snob as I watch her run from side to side of the king bed making sure the sheets are tight and on right, and she leaves to get her vacuum. I tell her there's no need to vacuum but she does anyway and in doing so she finds a Mike 'N Ike on the floor. Stops, picks it up, holds it up, looks at me, and goes, "Mike 'N Ike?" I tell her she's right and she puts it in her pocket!!! What?!? How about we throw it away. I just hope that she later threw it away instead of eating it for a snack later. She then tells me of new candy and how there is now a strawberry Laffy Taffy (I swear there has always been a strawberry one). So, eventually our friendship came to an end and I was once again alone in the Motel 6.
P.S. I later killed a spider in the sink. Gross.
No comments:
Post a Comment