Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's been too long...

Welp, I've returned from my much needed vacation and had about a week of depression because I missed it so much. The beach has stolen my heart again and has helped motivate me to move once more (just what I needed). I'll slowly type a few things about my vacation so that I will not overwhelm all of you at once.

Saturday:  The trip was GREAT! My car left around 7:30am on Saturday and arrived in Gulf Shores around 11pm Sat. night. The drive down went by pretty fast and everything was going smooth until...I hit a raccoon. Yup, my first roadkill ever. I thought I would be sad the first time I hit a helpless animal but nope, it gave me this big adrenaline rush and I soon found myself wanting to hit more raccoons (sick, I know). Luckily, for mother nature's sake, I did not hit anymore innocent animals. I did realize how scary parts of the south can be. For example, in Mississippi we saw about 5 huge burning torches in the middle of nowhere (not sure what they were all about), about 10 stray live/dead dogs running around the highway or in the ditch dead/sleeping (seriously MS, let's get this situation under control), and garbage everywhere. Gulf Shores was a beautiful area and until you arrive in the actual city you feel as if you're in a horror movie (Jeepers Creepers is what my car felt like). But in the end we made it safely and I love road trips so I was never too upset on the ride down.

Sunday: Woke up, called me ma out by the pool, and laid out alllll day long by the pool. It was perfect. The temp was warm if you were in the sun otherwise the wind gave you a few goosebumps here and there. Damn wind cooled me down so much I didn't know I was being burnt alive by the sun until that night when we went out and I looked like a tomato. Sunday was rehearsal day so the wedding party rehearsed while the rest of us had a few drinks inside before we all headed to "Tacky Jacks" for dinner. Tacky Jacks was an exciting restaurant. Located right on the ocean front and three stories tall. You could eat inside or out and the best part was that the menu was small enough so I didn't stress over a million items on what to eat for dinner. Food was good too. After dinner, we headed to a karaoke bar called Live Bait. Ohhh karaoke...yep, after a few drinks I stood on stage and sang, "Fat Bottom Girls" by Queen, oops. Other than karaoke I just drank and danced and had a lovely time. Everyone was super nice and welcoming. After Saturday and Sunday, I knew it was going to be a great week.

Well, there's the weekend for now, a little later I'll write about some other memorable (keyword) days of the week.

Of course the song of the day/blog will be, "Fat Bottom Girls" by Queen; Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment