I know I have failed you all with my "25 days of Christmas" series. I apologize whole heartedly and hope you will forgive me. Since my last post I've had my first campout weekend with the 3rd and 4th graders, started to join bar trivia, ate numerous amounts of delicious wings, started driving like a Buffalonian, went out with some work people (I'm making friends!), found a delicious mexican restaurant, and downed a whole bottle of brandy, wine, & 4 jack'n cokes in one night leaving me with the worst hangover, in history, for 2 days afterward.
The night of drinking was also a night of baking. I baked chippy dippy bars (magic cookie bars to some), almond bark pretzels, sugar cookies (cake recipe), and my new favorite, oreo balls.
Now, I don't know if any of you have experienced these, but my roommates introduced me to them so I thought I'd pass them along.
Oreo Balls
- 1 pkg. regular oreos
- 1 pkg. cream cheese
- almond bark
You'll want to allow the cream cheese to soften, so I usually take it out of the fridge first. Crush up the oreos until they are super fine. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and oreos. I have to use my hands because it's hard to do. The mixture will come out feeling like a sticky playdough, so don't panic if it's gooey and thick. Form the oreo mix into 1-2" balls. Use a double boiler, or make one, and melt the almond bark. Then, dip the balls into the almond bark and let dry on wax paper. These are soooo delicious. Very rich so I can only eat about one at a time. This recipe makes about 24 oreo balls depending on how large they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment